Sunday, March 2, 2008



This weekend I went hiking up to Makapuu Lighthouse. We saw a lot of whales...well, their spouts at least, and a few of them even breached! Although I couldn't get any good pictures of the whales we saw, I did get a photo of the lighthouse from the very top. It looked like there was one huge bulb inside...If there is just one bulb, it must have a really thick filament to allow for all the current that produces that much power. My cousin Suger also had a birthday party this weekend (Hannah Montana theme by the way), and my brother was balancing his can of soda on the table and I all I could think was...hey! Center of mass!

1 comment:

kohara said...

i wonder what the wattage of such a bulb is. and i think these lighthouses use what's called a Fresnel lens. We'll cover these next quarter.

center of mass! :-)