Sunday, February 24, 2008


Sorry this picture is sideways, but I haven't figured out how to rotate pictures on this computer yet. Anyways, this is a picture of the Embassy Suites, the hotel that we stayed at last weekend in Oregon. When I saw this picture, I couldn't help but think of circuits. All the lights in the picture are pretty much the same brightness. I'm guessing that the lights in this hotel are connected in parallel and not a series circuit since it would be a lot easier to fix if one of the bulbs went out. Being in a parallel circuit means that although the voltage difference is pretty much the same, the current is different at different locations on the circuit. Thanks to the lab that we finished on Friday, I know that the current is not the same because it's split between the different branches of the circuit.

No comments: