Sunday, November 11, 2007


I was playing foozeball with my brother this weekend and we were having an all out war that involved all five balls. Each individual ball had its own momentum once it was struck by one of our "men" or after it rebounded off one of the walls or other balls. The collisions reminded me of those problems we did in class because once they hit each other, the balls would bounce off each other at different angles. Thanks to Mr. Kohara, I now know that the y-components of each balls's momentum are the same regardless of their different angles. I think all the collisions I witnessed were elastic collisions since foozeballs are kind of like billiard balls. Anyways, my brother completely killed me...I really suck at blocking shots, especially when I have to keep track of five different balls!

No comments: