Sunday, April 6, 2008


This isn't the best picture, but I had to (yet again) post another picture of a lame ticket stub because I forgot my camera (!!!). So, this weekend I went to the Chris Tomlin concert with my Youth Group from church. It was my first time at a, umm, "religious" concert, but I was surprised to find that I enjoyed it. The electric guitars used electromagnetic induction to produce the music. A permanent magnet magnetized the guitar strings so that when the strings vibrated back and forth near a coil, it induced an emf in the wire. The current in the wire created a signal which was transmitted to the loudspeakers to amplify the sound. I could hear the music because of sound waves which were created by the oscillation of the loudspeakers. When the sound waves reached my ear, they vibrated my eardrum, generating signals that were transmitted to a part of my brain that interprets them as sound.

No comments: